23 July 2010

The Openness Project

This past spring and summer, I've been doing some thinking. A dangerous past time, I know.

... Ahem. Brownie points, by the way, if you get the reference.

Anyways, I've been doing some thinking about how I interact with people, and have come to the conclusion that I'm keeping pretty much everyone outside of my nice, sterile, plexiglass enclosure. It's actually rather lonely in here. Amidst all this thought, I decided that there are a lot of things that I don't tell people, but probably should.

Thus was this next series of posts born. I will be posting 40 things I should say but don't over the next 40 days.

Just some things before I get started. Please, do not comment encouragingly on posts about personal insecurities, it's not going to help. If you're going to comment, comment about your own insecurity, or something else. And finally, I'd greatly appreciate it if you did not read too much into these posts. This means you, Qwip.

And finally, when the word "you" is used, it refers to people in general, not a particular person.

So here's the first one:

Secret 1: I'm scared people will read these posts and pay attention.

1 comment: