21 September 2011

Grab Bag #4

School started on Monday. I don't mean homeschool coops, like I've been going to for the past six years. No, I mean school. Everyday. Up at 6:15 every morning.

You see, folks, I am officially a college student. It's true. I am writing this in the computer lab at a local college near my house.

That's not actually why I am writing. See, it recently came to my attention that I had not posted on this blog since the end of July, and we are rapidly approaching the end of September.

So it seems I must apologize, friends, for the long and unexplained absence. I will try to explain it, but as I sit, I can barely remember eveything I've done in the interval.

Here's a highlight reel:
1. I had a waterfight to celebrate my birthday, but did not tell anyone its purpose.
2. I went on a short-term mission trip with YWAM to Gleanings for the Hungry
3. I was kidnapped for my birthday by Gray, Ophelia, and two new brothers who shall shortly receive Blog names.
4. My mom invited pretty much all the influential women in my life over to pray for me and share 'words of wisdom'. The funny thing is, if all the people present in that room agreed on a course of action they all wanted me to take, I'd have a very hard time resisting them for any amount of time.
5. I visited Wheaton College as a prospective student
6. Oh, and I started taking piano and voice lessons again.

Overall, life has been a pretty interesting combonation of very busy but very laid back. I'm looking forward to college because while I will be taking a lot of classes over the course of this year (to the tune of three math classes, two science classes, three music classes, a political science class), I only have to take three of them at a time.

Oh, and by the way, I'm 18 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment