- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 6 eggs
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Grease three 12 cup muffin pans, or line with paper muffin liners. Soak raisins in hot water for ten minutes to plump, then drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ground cloves. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin, and applesauce, until smooth. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly to make a smooth batter. Stir the raisins and walnuts into the batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
If you make these, please comment and tell me how they turned out!