24 September 2009

An ode to cucumbers

Oh cucumber sweet,
you're such a treat,
your crunch will meet
me as I eat!

I love autumn! It's the time that all the lovely vegetables become ripe. Not all of my favorites are out yet, but I'm already planning a huge day of autumn cooking.

On the menu is:

Pumpkin Muffins

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Scones (get the idea I like pumpkins?)

Baked Acorn Squash

Baked Butternut Squash

Harvest Bisque (the best recipe of the bunch)

And cucumber-cream cheese sandwiches. Oh, I almost forgot!

Corn and black bean soup

Vegetarian Chili

Homemade Cocoa Mix

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Normal Zucchini Bread

... and the list goes on.

I'll be posting my favorite recipes for some of these this next week, in honor of the first week of autumn.

Keep baking, and don't eat too many cucumbers!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment