27 October 2009

Problematic's Rules of Living

I will now present to you a few of my mostly light-hearted truths of life. They are things I try to incorporate into my daily life, and maybe you can too. NB: These are newly rearranged in order of importance.

Rule 12: "Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast." Oscar Wilde
Rule 11: "Chocolate flavor" is not chocolate.
Rule 10: Chew, then swallow.
Rule 9: Coming home is always more fun if you have to break and enter to do so.
Rule 8: It is impossible to gracefully hike in a skirt. Either you hike, or you walk gracefully.
Rule 7: "Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist." GK Chesterton
Rule 6: If your water has an ingredient list, it's not water.
Rule 5: Music is life.
Rule 4: Living is a hard habit to break.
Rule 3: There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.
Rule 2: Love your neighbor as yourself.
Rule 1: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. Mark 12:30

I have to admit, rules 2 and 1 are the ones where I have the hardest time, but as rule 3 so aptly puts it, there's always hope.

B

4 comments:

  1. Lib, from http://randomjotdowns.blogspot.com/ sent me the following comment:

    'I like, "Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast." That is brilliant!
    And I wholeheartily agree with, “Coming home is always more fun if you have to break and enter to do so.”
    And…
    “It is impossible to gracefully hike in a skirt. Either you hike, or you walk gracefully.”
    Speak it sista’!

    Agree, agree, agree!"'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always seem to have a problem with #9... I keep forgetting where my home is.

    oh, and because I love this idea:
    http://theescapistshome.blogspot.com/2009/10/problematic-always-has-best-ideas.html
    :P

    ReplyDelete