27 November 2009

A giving of thanks

As I sit to write this post, I'm not even certain if I will live up to its title. After all, other people have already posted about Thanksgiving, and the non-conformist in me hates trends. And the punctual person in me hates being late. So who knows how this post will turn out...

I think I may have decided to do it - take the plunge, ignore the misgivings in the back of mine mind. Alrighty, for my daily dose of sappiness, here is my Black Friday list of thanksgiving.

First of all, I'm eternally thankful that God doesn't have mood swings like I do. If He did, I'd never be sure if He'd forgive me for my trespasses. So I'm thankful that He does not have the mood swings I do. I'm also thankful for the rough year He gave me last year. He made me much wiser than I would be otherwise. Of course, there's still much, much room for improvement.

I'm thankful for my family, even when I don't get along with them as well as I should like. Thanks, Mom, for putting up with this little girl trying to grow up too soon, and Dad, thanks for all the lessons in character. And as for you, Thurs, thanks for the request. I wouldn't be here without you.

Ah, my friends, my friends. I believe I've done a few posts on this before. But now that I've got my sappiness running, I may as well devote a bit of time to them individually.Unfortunately, I'm still in a food induced haze, so if I've forgotten you, my humblest apologies.

So, in no particular order, I give you my friends. As many of them as I can remember at the moment.




It just struck me how horribly cliche that would be. Soooo.... comment and tell me if I should or shouldn't write yet another post about why I'm thankful for my friends. And don't worry, I won't think you're too interested if you do comment in the affirmative.

So, tell me.

B

3 comments:

  1. Of sourse you should... I always like reading those ones...

    =D

    Most of me is joking here... but still...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you should. At the least, it'll cheer your friends up considerably.

    ReplyDelete