I wasn't going to post today, since I'm still feeling fuzzy and all, but then Libby, from Random Jot Downs provided me with a ready-made post. See, she awarded me and also gave me a tag. Glee. Now I don't have to think much, but I can still post. !
1. Do a post about the person who awarded you, and their blog.
2. Give the award to 5 of your favorite blogs, give a reason, and leave a comment telling them they have been awarded.
3. Answer the 10 random questions.
4. Have Fun!
Libby is an amazing girl who I've only known well for about six months. She's the kind of girl you know has good, deep roots, but isn't afraid to flower for all she's worth. She's a beautiful, kind, caring girl who I hope to know better by the end of the year. : Love you, Libby!
Now, who to award?
First, I award the Inflatable Squirrel, from The Big Happy World of Confused People, because I want to see what he does with the questions. It should be amusing. :P
Second, I award Thom from logorythmia because he needs to post more often. And I'm related to him. :P
Thirdly, I award the Escapist of PainDeathLoveHateTogether and The Escapist Has Found a Home because he's cool.
Fourthly, I award Bracie from the Locket because after spending an intense two days with her at CMS, I really want to know if she's ever ridden an elephant.
Fifth... Ophelia, from the Reluctant Dragon, because I like her. A lot. 'Nuff Said.
If I didn't tag you, sorry. I could only do 5 people.
Now, for the interesting part.
1. Have you ever ridden an elephant?
Only in my dreams
2. Have you ever eaten squid?
No, but I have eaten Octopus. It tasted like really chewy peanut butter.
3. What is something crazy you have done with your best friend?
I don't have a single "Best Friend". I've made a weird music video, sat for hours pondering idealism like a druggie, and planned to make a zombie movie in Latin.
4. Have you ever held an alligator?
Can't say I have.
5. Have you ever let a snake slither through your fingers?
Yeah. I liked the way it felt - dry and slippery at the same time.
6. What is your first and foremost dream in life?
How should I know? There are too many options.
7. What is your dream vacation?
Grand Tour of the World.
8. What is the funniest movie you have ever seen?
Charlie Chaplin's The Great Dictator... ? I don't know.
9. What is your favorite song?
Too many to count. Among the top are "So She Dances" by Josh Groban, "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" by Monty Python, "You Remain" written by Don Poythress, "Dark Waltz" by Haley Westenra, and "If I ever leave this world alive" by Flogging Molly. Of course, there are so many more... :P
10. If you could change the world in one way, what would you do?
I'd make it a place where you could have adventures again. :)
The second tag is an interesting Character Tag.
"List twelve characters from any fandom, and then answer the following questions."
1. Scout Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)
2. Horatio Hornblower
3. Aragorn (LotR)
4. Solembum (Inheritance Cycle)
5. Auralia (Auralia's Colors)
6. Atticus (To Kill a Mockingbird)
7. Charles Schwa (The Schwa was here)
8. Agatha Heterodyne, Girl Genius (Girl Genius webcomic)
9. The Reverend Theo Fobius (Schlock Mercenary)
10. Nike Vogler (Ex Machina, my story)
11. Algernon (The Importance of Being Ernest)
12. Monk (from the TV series Monk)
1) Who would make a better college prof, 6 or 11?
Atticus. Algernon's too flakey
2) Do you think 2 is hot? How hot?
How did I know this would happen? Yeah, I'd say so. Very. It doesn't help that Ioan Gruffudd is good looking. *blush*
3) 12 sends 8 out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed?
I don't think Monk would ever associate with Agatha... He probably tells her to go steal the Dyne of Power from the Evil Dr. Toad, and it succeeds to a certain extent, after Agatha obliterates Dr. Toad's fortress using her Sparky Kill-o-Rific blow torch. Monk is last seen neatly stacking the rubble into a rectangular prism.
4) What is or would be 9's favorite book?
Oo. That's tough. "The Religion of Survival: Pastoring in sociopathic settings"? Who knows?
5) Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
Neither are the 'swear fealty' type. Though I suppose Horatio would accept Atticus as a commanding officer...
6) For some reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should (s)he share a studio apartment with 9 or 10?
Umm... 10. Nike's bookish enough to get along with Auralia
7) 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
So Horatio, Charles, and Monk walk into a bar... It sounds like a really bad joke. Charles and Monk would hit it off straight away, as Monk literally walks into Charles, distracted by a straw lampshade. Horatio is politely bored, wishing to get back to his ship, and Monk ruins the evening by getting them kicked out of the diner. It looks like Charles will be able to finish his meal in peace, until the waitress clears away the food, leaving Charles the long, hungry way back to his house.
8) 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
Nike glomps Aragorn before he has a chance to draw his sword. Aragorn is flustered by this fangirlish behavior, and quickly disentangles himself from the screams of his adoring fan. He beats a hasty retreat. Nike: 1, Aragorn: 0
9) If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would she/he get it back?
Agatha would turn Finch into her latest science project, trying the si vales vale procedure on an uninfected patient to see what happens. She would then feel quite sorry for doing that to a poor little girl, and would give the now-deranged Scout a lovely glass jar to spend her remaining hours in peace.
10) Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
Charles and Monk, "Good Country for Odd Men"
11) What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
Tell Scout that Solembum is a lost kitty, and needs her help to get back home, and tell Solembum that Scout isn't too bad for a girl. :P
12) If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
I'd probably forget him. ... :) He's the Schwa, after all
13) If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be? Teach me cool Ranger stuff.
14) Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11?
No, not that I know of.
15) If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
If Horatio had to choose between Solembum and Auralia, I think he'd choose Auralia, because he's a gentleman and he always seems to do that. LAME
16) What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
Nike would shout something along the lines of "What do I do now?!!??"
17) If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
"Skullcrusher Mountian" by Jonathan Coulton
18) 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
Scout would grab it, being impetuous and all, but Atticus would tell her to put it back. Except that Monk won't eat it now because it's got Scout's germs all over it. Scouts eats the pancake.
19) What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
Horation wouldn't need to use a pick-up line... Nike's a sucker for handsome story heroes (she's an unpopular book worm after all). Just one look, and she'd be his forever.
20) What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
Auralia --- umm, making art or disturbing my mental health... pick one.
21) What is 6's secret?
He shoots a gun really well?
22) If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Probably the Reverend because he's got a starship and a rapier...
23) If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
As long as Agatha doesn't turn on me, Agatha. Otherwise, neither would be much help. On second thought, Charles would probably have some great stealth moves. :P
24) 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them,but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest.
What title would you give this fic?
Scout and the Reverend against Solembum, Algernon joins them, but is Solembum's spy. Solembum kidnaps Monk, so Scout and the Rev. follow Auralia's advice and find Aragorn to thwart Solembum. I would call this "A book you never want to read."